Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unlink Method not available, Word 2007 template

Copper Contributor

Unlink Method not available, Word 2007 template

Hello,

our Company want's to create a Word template which has protected areas. As long as the template is not protected, Act can create a new Document by using the template, but if we create a protected template Act says: (error message translated from german to english) "The Unlink-Method or attribute is not available because the object is linked to a protected area."

In our template the textfield in which for example the <Adress> field points is a not protected area.

Is there any solution? The secretary should not edit the whole Document just the field which are editable.

best regards

Marko

Re: Unlink Method not available, Word 2007 template

What settings were you using to protect the document?  I was able to create a protected template somewhat successfully.  When running the template I get error: "This command is not available."  When clicking OK< it will still open the template and populate the fields.  Rest of the document is still protected.

I will submit error: "This command is not available." for further search.

Copper Contributor

We are using Microsoft Word 2007 with the newest Updates installed and (ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182
German (Germany))

Just for testings we created a new Act by Sage template which is empty.

Then we added a simple Textfield (also tried Rich-Text field). In there we added the field "<Adresse 1> " (german version). Afterwards we use the Word function: protect document and we only configured edditing options: only fill out formulars. Now we activate the protection and we save the template.

If it helps i can send the simple testtemplate via email.

I hope for further help. thx

Best regards 

Marko

That would be great.  I have sent you a PM with my email address.