Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unknown password

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Unknown password

I have a user running ACT Pro 16 and is attempting to open a database. A copy of this database can be opened on another system without any problems, however when the user tries to open it she gets prompted for a username password? Obviously the user does not know what this may be. We can open the ACTdemo database without a password prompt, only this database requests a password. Again, on a fresh install on another machine it opens without a password. Is there anything that can be done on her machine to get rid of this prompt?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author shnerk
‎01-19-2016 03:57 AM

Re: Unknown password

I tried using a different profile, including an admin, however was still getting the prompt on her machine.  I opened the database on another system and shared it.  I then copied the .pad file up to her system and finally was able to get it to open without a password prompt.  Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi shnerk,

Does leaving the password blank and entering only the username (usually the users full name) work?

No, I tried that unfortunately.  When that is done, it just comes back to the password prompt again.

Hi Shnerk,

In regards to the database that is asking for a password, is it held locally on that machine or is it stored on a different pc and you are accessing it via a network?

Have you tried right clicking the icon and running Act! as admin?

Peter

Solution
Accepted by topic author shnerk
‎01-19-2016 03:57 AM

I tried using a different profile, including an admin, however was still getting the prompt on her machine.  I opened the database on another system and shared it.  I then copied the .pad file up to her system and finally was able to get it to open without a password prompt.  Thanks for your help!