Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uninstalling and Re-installing ACT! 2010

Uninstalling and Re-installing ACT! 2010

[ Edited ]

Dear ACT! Support team,

I am new to the ACT! Database.

I have been learning to use ACT! Database with a lot of trial and tests with the software.

Somehow there has been some damage to the program file and network setup.

So I was trying to re-install the software from the original CD.

But it returns with the message that I have to uninstall the software first before the re-installation because the current version of ACT! is updated one, which is newer than the software installing now.

But due to the damage in the program uninstalling is not possible. The Windows uninstall program in the Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs tool just cannot uninstall the software.

I have tried to delete all the ACT Database related files including the program files from my computer.

But it still returns with the same message that there is newer version of ACT! Database detected. It must be uninstalled before the reinstallation.

How do I rid of all of the existing ACT! Database files so that I can reinstall the software again?

I need you help urgently.

Thanks,

Joshua Kim

Sydney

Bronze Contributor

Re: Uninstalling and Re-installing ACT! 2010

Joshua the only way of it is damaged is to do a manual uninstall. the following KB should be able to help you do this

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2517...

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.