Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uninstalling ACT 10 on vista 64 bit OS

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Uninstalling ACT 10 on vista 64 bit OS

I made the mistake of trying to install ACT10 on my new computer with vista 64 bit OS. I was able to uninstall ACT 10, but would like to also remove the SQL server items as well. I went through a similar uninstall on an XP OS once before and remember the SQL items should be removed in a certain order, or some of them will not be uninstalled. I'm hoping that when I remove the SQL items, the annoying pop up in Outlook saying something about the "add in redemption helper", which it will not allow me to remove, will also go away. I still have my XP machine and don't see the justification in spending $200.00 to be able to use ACT on my new computer at this time...... So basically, I want to clean ACT 10 and all it's components off of the new computer. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Uninstalling ACT 10 on vista 64 bit OS

This isn't a SQL issue.  Run a diagnose/repair in Office.  If that doesn't stop the message, try resetting extend.dat.

1. On the Help menu, click Office Diagnostics.
  2. Click Continue, and then click Start Diagnostics.
To reset extend.dat, you will just need to rename the file.  You can find it in: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

This isn't a SQL issue.  Run a diagnose/repair in Office.  If that doesn't stop the message, try resetting extend.dat.

1. On the Help menu, click Office Diagnostics.
  2. Click Continue, and then click Start Diagnostics.
To reset extend.dat, you will just need to rename the file.  You can find it in: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Highlighted

The diagnostic checked out ok.

Renaming extend.dat fixed the problem.

Thank You Very Much!