Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uninstall

Uninstall

I would like to COMPLETELY uninstall ACT and reinstall it. Each time I go the normal route it really doesn't remove all of the hidden files. As soon as I try to reinstall it pulls all of the old information again. Can someone please help as I have been down for 2 days with this mess?

Thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Uninstall

Hello Xydego,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. What version of ACT! are you working with? Also, what is the error you are getting when reinstalling?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you for asking, I am running ACT 2010. I don't get any errors when I am uninstalling it just says that the uninstall is complete. When I reinstall it it comes back up with all of the old data like I never took it off. That tells me there are files somewhere that is is leaving behind and I don't know how to get them off.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "it comes back up with all of the old data like I never took it off". Are you talking about a database, or are you getting a specific error message that halts the installation?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

This Knowledgebase article provides instructions for manually removing ACT! 2010:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2517...

Greig Hollister

Silver Contributor

When ACT is uninstalled, your databases are left intact.   If you are trying to start a new database, you do not need to reinstall ACT, just go to the File menu, choose new database and make a new database.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider