06-28-2010 04:00 AM
I inadvertently removed the Contacts Tab from a Companies layout.
I understand that it is not possible to delete it but rather 'hide' the Tab. But when I try to Edit, Tabs from the design layout the Contacts field is not shown as a hidden.
Thanks in advance
06-30-2010 08:42 AM - edited 06-30-2010 08:45 AM
It looks like once the Contacts tab is deleted (not hidden) from the Company layout, it is gone. The only way to get it back would be to recover a prior version of your layout before the tab was deleted. You can do this by restoring a backup of your database:
- Have all users exit ACT! and close ACT! on the host machine
- Locate a database backup file (.zip)
- Restore it on the same machine as the current database...use the Restore As option to restore it under a different name
- Once restored, browse to the location of the restored database, then open the [database name]-database files folder, then the Layouts folder
- Locate the company layout you need (.aly) and copy it
- Browse to the location of your current database and open the database files/Layouts folder
- Rename the damaged .aly file and then paste the restored version you copied earlier
- Have users go back into ACT!
- If you want to delete the restored copy of your database, then open that restored copy in ACT! and go to Tools > Database Maintenance > Delete Database
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.