Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unhide tabs

Unhide tabs

I inadvertently removed the Contacts Tab from a Companies layout.

I understand that it is not possible to delete it but rather 'hide' the Tab. But when I try to Edit, Tabs from the design layout the Contacts field is not shown as a hidden.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unhide tabs

[ Edited ]

Hello robinmk,

It looks like once the Contacts tab is deleted (not hidden) from the Company layout, it is gone. The only way to get it back would be to recover a prior version of your layout before the tab was deleted. You can do this by restoring a backup of your database:

- Have all users exit ACT! and close ACT! on the host machine

- Locate a database backup file (.zip)

- Restore it on the same machine as the current database...use the Restore As option to restore it under a different name

- Once restored, browse to the location of the restored database, then open the [database name]-database files folder, then the Layouts folder

- Locate the company layout you need (.aly) and copy it

- Browse to the location of your current database and open the database files/Layouts folder

- Rename the damaged .aly file and then paste the restored version you copied earlier

- Have users go back into ACT!

- If you want to delete the restored copy of your database, then open that restored copy in ACT! and go to Tools > Database Maintenance > Delete Database

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.