Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Undo my last import.

Undo my last import.

Does anybody know how to undo my last import?  Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Undo my last import.

Hello ubben52,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. What did you import in? Just contacts? If so, then you should be able to delete just those contacts that you imported in:
- Go to Lookup > Other Fields
- Choose the Import Date field, then Equal To - Today (or whatever date you imported them on)
- Go back to Lookup > Other Fields
- Select Create Date, Equal To - (same date you used for Import Date field). Then from the "For current lookup" dropdown, choose Narrow Lookup (may have click "Show more options" to see this dropdown).
- Results should be all the contacts you imported in on that date
- Delete them

Other option would be to restore a backup of the database that was made prior to the import.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig ... I didn't know about the "Import Date" field - when did that appear?

Would it be the same as Create Date?
What if the record was updated in the import?

I think it has been around since at least ACT! 2011. And yes that will date will be affected if the record was involved in a merge. That's why I suggested using the Create Date to narrow the lookup to just records created by the import.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Not often I learn something new about ACT!...

Does it work for all imports (Excel, ACT!, Outlook)?
How about SDK?

Believe it applies to any import done through the import wizard. Not sure about SDK.

Greig Hollister