Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Under Windows 10: The Operating Syste is not properly configured to run this application

Bronze Contributor

Under Windows 10: The Operating Syste is not properly configured to run this application

I just received the subject message when closing ACT on my Windows 10 system, which is also the remote system. 

Before I go to the trouble, is it reasonable to assume that I need to delete and reinstall ACT 17?

The remote system is:

Del XPS 13 Ultrabook, 4GB/128GB, i5, Windows 10 Pro

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Copper Contributor

Re: Under Windows 10: The Operating Syste is not properly configured to run this application

John -- I'm running ACT! 17 under Win10. Did an in-place upgrade from Win7, which was not working well. Then did a clean install, and reinstalled all applications. Much better, although ACT! still has some issues with Win10 that have been high profile here in the forums and that Sage is working on. I recommend a clean install (OS and Applications) just to be safe. . . Mike
Copper Contributor

Re: Under Windows 10: The Operating Syste is not properly configured to run this application

I'm getting this error as well and constantly, its beyond frustrating.  I've tried to clean up a variety of issues I've been having since trying to migrate over to Windows 10.  It's a frigging disaster.  Come on, a CRM software program just shouldn't be this onerous.  

Were you able to find a resolution to this issue? I find I get this error almost every time I try to compose an email address from Act by clicking on the email address of a contact and launching Outlook.  I also get it when trying to synchronize with Outlook.  This is on a completely fresh installed machine with Windows 10.  I installed Windows 10 Home, Microsoft Outlook 2016, then Act v17.2.  Followed all the proper sequence of installations etc.

I'm lost for words right now.  

Employee

Hi

Please check this article 38221 from our kb website and it might give some information.

kb.act.com

38221 Error: "The operating system is not presently configured" when installing Act with Office 2016 and Windows 10