Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uncommon Error

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Uncommon Error

[ Edited ]

My employees keep getting an error.  Its not with every file, and its not all the time.

It reads:

"There was an error opening the attachment.  It may have been deleted by another user or been created on  database that does not synchronize attachments."

Any ideas?

I did find this - Error: "Error opening attachment. It may have been deleted by another user or it was created (attach...

link but all the permissions are already set and the WPA file is recognized. 

<Content edit: fixed link>
Message Edited by dlunceford on 04-27-2009 10:54 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mattatbdu
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Uncommon Error

What version of ACT! and OS are you using?  Are all the users having the issue?  Try running database maintenace from actdiag.

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author mattatbdu
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

What version of ACT! and OS are you using?  Are all the users having the issue?  Try running database maintenace from actdiag.

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

David,

Thank you for reply to my problem.  So far this seems to have worked, the repair.  The original problem wasn't with with every file, and not with every user.  But so for the past hour or so this error has not popped up.  If it does in the future i will repost here.  So far so good, thank you for your help!

I am receiving this error again.  I had a quick question.  I cannot remeber if i did a rebuild/repair during the day or after hours.  Would you suggest after hours while nobody is on the system?

Yes, run maintenance after hours.

I have spoken to a user who has this issue but the details are slightly different.  They recently upgraded from ACT 2008 to ACT 2010 (12.2) but when opening certain attachments receives the error...

"There was an error opening the attachment.  It may have been deleted by another user or been created on  database that does not synchronize attachments."

The user hasn't actually attached files to the contact records, they have added shortcuts to documents on their server (they did this on the documents tab of the contacts).  The shortcuts point to the correct file and the correct location but it still results in the error above.  If we delete the shorcut and readded it using the same details they work, however they have around 50,000 shortcuts and doing this for each of them would be a nightmare.

We have tried the process on the server (same error) and the usual steps of running maintenance via actdiag.  We have even created a copy of the database but this also has the same problem.  I'm reluctant to tell them to replace each shortcut one by one, however I'm out of ideas.

Any suggestions?

Anyone?
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Dan,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Unfortunately, if running the maintenance did not resolve the issue the next step is to readd them manually (I'm not aware of any add-ons that will do this in an automated fashion).

Greg Martin
Sage