Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unbearably slow switching to Contact view from other views, or another app. ACT!2012

Copper Contributor

Unbearably slow switching to Contact view from other views, or another app. ACT!2012

Pardon me if this was answered.

When I switch to the contact view, ACT! often takes many seconds to display the screen.  It starts painting from the top and slowly draws the screen one line at a time.

I do have quite a few custom fields, and a pretty large database, but not more than is reasonable.  Reducing the size of the window helps significantly.

I would think this is a Windows issue, but it does not happen to any other application I own.

Also, please note that reducing my database or the complexity of my Contacts screen is not something I want to do if at all possible.

TIA,

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 4

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64

Outlook 2010 x32 v14

Durkin Impact Business Suite V4.2

exponenciel Automatic Field Calculations v8.5

Company Wizard v1.1.1.20

Duplicate Wizard

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Unbearably slow switching to Contact view from other views, or another app. ACT!2012

Certainly, the more complex the layout the more system resources necessary to load the screen. I don't know if the add-ins are database specific, but you can test opening the Demo database (or create a new database) and check its response time.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: Unbearably slow switching to Contact view from other views, or another app. ACT!2012

Eureka!

This was the problem.

When an external monitor was plugged in, the laptop monitor properties were set to True Color, 32b, 60hz.  For some reason, when the external monitor was not plugged in, the laptop monitor was set to High Color, 16b, 60hz.

I don't know why, but ACT! does not like High Color 16b and does like True color 32b.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad it is finally fixed because it was abominable.  I hope someone can benefit from this solution

Platinum Super Contributor

Thank you for posting your resolution to this issue!
Greg Martin
Sage