Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to unpack and restore remote database

Tuned Listener

Unable to unpack and restore remote database

This error message comes up: "The remote database cannot be unpacked because the password is invalid. Please retype the password"

We have tried un installing and reinstalling Act, but this error message still pops up after I hit "ok".

Re: Unable to unpack and restore remote database

did you try to re-create/create a new Remote database?
Tuned Listener

Did not solve.

Copper Contributor

Hi JMurray,

I recently ran into the same problem.  I had to create a new sync set and then create a new remote database.  I hardly call that a fix, but it worked for me.

Good luck.

-Kevin

Tuned Listener

What do you mean create a whole new sync set?   We already had to recreate the database because all the admin users were gone and no one had permissions to do much of anything.   It is only a problem for one out of the five users set up, all others worked fine. 

Copper Contributor

The sync set tells the remote databases what records to sync.  If you go to Tools | Syncronization Panel you will see manage sync sets.  You probably have 1 sync set for each remote database.  We started that way but had to create a seperate sync set for each of our 8 users.  When you create a new sync set the only way to apply it to a remote database is to make a new remote database and choose that sync set.

Good luck.

Long past gone but...   You gotta point to the actual local database file, not just the folder as you do with the remote database.