Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to sync ACT 2010 with MS Office 2010 Beta

Copper Super Contributor

Unable to sync ACT 2010 with MS Office 2010 Beta

Hello,

I am running ACT 2010  Premium on Win 7 AMD Dual Core  2.6 4GB of RAM 1 TB HD, after installing the MS Office Technical Preview version I was no longer able to syncronize my calendar or import any docs, or clients into excel. I waited unitl the release of MS Office 2010 Beta and ACT still does not see my office suite in my system.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Victor

Copper Contributor

Re: Unable to sync ACT 2010 with MS Office 2010 Beta

[ Edited ]

Maybe try calling ACT! support and see if Outlook 2010 Beta is supported.

If not, the latest version of DoubleLook does support sync with Outlook 2010 Beta.

Message Edited by clink on 11-19-2009 09:55 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Thank you for the input.

I am already using the companionlink for google for my pre, and it has worked great thru the technical preview and now beta.

It makes it a lot easier on my calendar if Act was syncing ok.

I'll call tech support and see what happens, but I think I know what the answer is...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Funny, I asked how long it would be for a user to ask about Office 2010 support in a post here:

http://www.linkedin.com/newsArticle?viewDiscussion=&articleID=85278941&gid=49896

Historically, ACT! has supported new versions of Office and Windows about 30-60 days after Microsoft's retail release

Bronze Super Contributor

That said, being that the release date of office 2010 is set to be the 'first half of 2010' - I would be surprised that Sage will update act! 2010 to support Office 2010 if the suite is release just a few scant months before Act! 2011...

So how do I get access? I created a account, logged on and when I try to go to the link you provide, it tells me "Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action. Please click the Back button on your browser."

Hello mickburke,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. That particular thread has been removed as the information in it is no longer up to date. The decision was made several months not to update ACT! 2010 to support Office 2010...there were just too many changes that would have to be made.

ACT! 2011 is currently the only version to natively support Office 2010.

There is however an inexpensive add-in from on our developement partners that will enable ACT! 2010 to work with Office 2010. Here is the link to that add-in: http://www.designr1.com/shop/act-word-2010/.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.