Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to set password ACT 2008

Copper Contributor

Unable to set password ACT 2008

I wonder if someone can shed some light on this weird problem of my clients.  I am unable to set a password on the database for any of the users in the ACT system, I am logged on as an administrator on the main pc which hosts the database but am unable to set a password.  It appears as though the password is not remembered and doesn't save. 

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to set password ACT 2008

I have not seen this as a reported issue for ACT!. I'm not sure what troubleshooting you have done, but here are some things to check:

- Does this happen with any other database, such as the demo (ACT10Demo)? Indicates potemntial issue with database

- Are you able to log into one of the client machines and set passwords from there? Indicates potential issue specific to server (Windows profile, ACT! install, preferences)

- If you sign into the database as another Admin user besides yourself, can you set passwords? Indicates potential issue with your ACT! Admin user login

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I haven't tried with other databases as this is an issue with my clients database and I am not onsite.  I have suggested that it might be worth recreating a new database and importing the contacts/information into the new database and re-setup the users.

Do you see this is a viable solution?  Thanks again for your help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

This would be a good solution, if it's determined to be an issue with the database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.