Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to send email

Unable to send email

Recently I've had a problem where I've typed an email and then said send and received an error message unable to send email.  I lost the entire email no draft created in the background - this stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Any solutions.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to send email

I have the same problem. When I try to set up the email system in ver. 8 act 2006, I recieve email but it will not send and fails the email test routine. I am running xp sp2. I am using the pop3 & smpte from onebox.com. The error message is that it could not find the smpte server.

I've spent way too much time on what should be no big deal. What am I missing and why is this such a problem?

Thx in advance.

Platinum Elite Contributor

timwrobinson wrote:

I have the same problem. When I try to set up the email system in ver. 8 act 2006, I recieve email but it will not send and fails the email test routine. I am running xp sp2. I am using the pop3 & smpte from onebox.com. The error message is that it could not find the smpte server.

I've spent way too much time on what should be no big deal. What am I missing and why is this such a problem?

Thx in advance.

I looked at the onebox site and couldn't see the specs for connecting to their SMTP server... many of these use a password or a POP-first system which ACT! might not support. If so, you can use Outlook or Outlook Express and have ACT! connect via that email products