Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to restore a database

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Unable to restore a database

Tried to restore a database yesterday and got the attached.

Anyone have any idea what this means, and what caused it?

ACT Pro
Version of Act! 19.2.1460 upgrade 5
Office 365
Database is on my local machine (private database)
Operating system is Windows 10

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Unable to restore a database

Hi,

Looks like your drive is being compressed. Please do follow the below article.

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024261534-Error-The-file-C-file-path-databasename-ADF-is-c...

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Paul,

Thank you for your (prompt) reply.

I don't know if it's worth mentioning, but the backup file resides on an external hard drive.  Could that be an issue?

Just for kicks, I'm going to copy the file to my local drive and try to restore it from there

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Your welcome Craig.

That really matters, you can copy the backup file to local drive and give it a shot. That should work.

Highlighted

mywegmansconnect wrote:

Hi,

Looks like your drive is being compressed. Please do follow the below article.

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024261534-Error-The-file-C-file-path-databasename-ADF-is-c...

Dell was supposed to have Office 2019 installed and instead had 2016 so they walked me through installing the correct one.  I did go back in and set up Outlook as the e-mail application within ACT under preferences again after doing this though?

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Right click > Tasks > Restore > Database. Once on the General tab select "From Device" for the source for restore, then navigate to the . bak file you're restoring to. Ensure the Destination for restore is set to the correct database mykfcexperience

Highlighted

Wilko Have Your Say

Wilko Have Your say is the survey portal introduced by the Wilko retail store chain to get an idea about the satisfaction and experience the customers have had at the Wilko stores.

Wilko Have Your Say

Highlighted

Re: Wilko Have Your Say

TellAldi is a customer satisfaction survey and feedback portal introduced by the Aldi retail store chain to get an idea about the customer satisfaction and guest experience.

Through the Aldi Customer Survey, the customers and consumers from the store can share the Aldi Feedback.

https://papasurvey.info/www-tellaldi-com/
Highlighted

Paperless Pay Nestle Employee Login

Great Article. Thank you for sharing! Really an awesome post for every one.

Nestle strongly supports Nature, and it aims for zero environmental impact from their operations; thus, they have introduced the Paperless Pay Login to save the trees. We Appreciate that…!

Paperless Pay Nestle Employee Login

Highlighted

Detalis About Cardactivation

Thanks for sharing it...please visit this post Moe gotta know Survey is all about customer experience and takes only honest customer feedback which helps them to improve... Click here