Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to reinstall Act 2008

Unable to reinstall Act 2008

I was forced to reinstall Act 2008.  I can't register by internet or by phone because I can't get an installation code. Serial # has been reset several times- still doesn't work.   KB articles don't help because files refered to don't exisit on my computer.  I don't want to be foreced to upgrade- I want my ACT 2008 back.   Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to reinstall Act 2008

When you previously registered it, it would have email'd you with the install code.

After you've installed more than (I think) 3 times, you need to call Sage and they'll verify you as the legit owner and should be able to give you a code to release it.

I called Sage, they verified me, reset my serial # several times. They would not give me a code. Now what?

If they're reset it (this time) it should work (for this install) ... basically, once you get past the limit, you need to call every install

I did, 3x, each time they claim to have reset the serial #- but it never worked- they sent me to the community for help. Quite frankly these people are useless. I am in this boat because I followed the KB instructions. Nowhere did it say that the reinatall might not be possible.