Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to reinstall ACT! 2011

Unable to reinstall ACT! 2011

[ Edited ]

I am in unable to reinstall Act 2011.  I changed hard drives and I am reinstalling Act 2011 fresh onto a Windows 7 64 bit laptop.

I installed Act 2011 first from the installation disk successfully.  I then went to apply ACTPro2011SP1_US_Update_HF1.exe and it said an earlier version of Act was detected which must be uninstalled.  No other Act installation exists as this is a brand new hard drive.  If I uninstall Act 2011, and attempt to install ACTPro2011SP1_US_Update_HF1.exe, it will say it is missing Act 2011 so cannot update.  Its a circular.

Please advise asap how I can get this installed asap up to the current version of 2011, which appears to be hotfix 6.

[Edit: subject line changed to match topic]

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Unable to reinstall ACT! 2011

Within ACT! > go to the Help > About ACT! option. What is the version listed there (version and build number)?
Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

gmartin wrote:
Within ACT! > go to the Help > About ACT! option. What is the version listed there (version and build number)?

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

I have tried applying HF4, HF6 and even donwgrading to HF1 to get this working.

You are attempting to apply a 'Service Pack 1' (SP1) Hot Fix; however, you have the pre-SP1 version of Sage ACT! 2011 installed.  You will need to apply the SP 1 update before applying the Hot Fix.  Here is an article with information: KB Article 27440

Once updated to SP1, you can apply the Hot Fix.

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

I have tried applying that SP1 update and continue to get the message below with all attempted patches, including the SP1 update which I just tried reapplying.  I also just tried uninstalling Act 2011, reinstalling, and applying the SP1 update.  I still received the error message below on all attemps.   This is a brand new installation of Windows 7 on a brand new hard drive with no other issues.

Isn't there a current installable version available that doesn't require all this?  This install process is really biting into my productivity and is unnecessarily frustrating.

Capture.PNG

Please see your Private Notes

Greg Martin
Sage