Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to register ACT 2010 on a new computer.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to register ACT 2010 on a new computer.

Have you tried a phone registration? If not, then select "Register by phone" and send me your Installation Code (already have your serial number) via private message and I'll see if I can manually register you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I did try the phone registration.  She was unable to do it and then emailed me a bunch of useless links.  Your links you sent were to the KB article, What I was sent was the links to the support page.  The person I talked to on the phone didn't seem to have a clue about things...  I'll leave it at that.  Smiley Happy

Will PM you in a minute.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I uninstalled and reinstalled ACT 2010 as requested.  This time it did register.  Guess something didn't install correctly the first time.  I then installed the hot fixes, and tried to open my data base, but the file would not open.  After a little bit of reading on the KB, I discovered that since this is a new computer, the .pad file needed to be edited via notepad and change the name and destination of where this file is now located.

After editing the .pad file, all works fine.  Thanks for the help in coming up with viable solutions to try and fix this.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Glad to hear you got it working!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.