Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to open databases due to SQL Instance

Loyal Listener

Unable to open databases due to SQL Instance

I have been using ACT2012 since last fall and have updated all my older databases to this version.

I just replaced my laptop and I have only been able to restore or bring into this laptop my everyday working database.

I have tried to open all of my other older dated databases but keep getting this error -- Sage ACT -- The SQL database instance

is unavailable.

All of my databases were save previously in my data folder and have never had a conversation problem in the past.

If this is an SQL Issue what can I do to fix it. I have the .PAD files sitting on my new laptop drive as they were with my old laptop

but unable to restore or restore as.

I hope you can help me to determine what i can do to retrieve these older databases that have already been updates to ACT2012 months ago before I received this new laptop.

Hope to hear back from someone regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Glen

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to open databases due to SQL Instance

Can you still access your databases on your old laptop?

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

Re: Unable to open databases due to SQL Instance

We are also having issues with opening our database on our network computer. 

The local machine is able to open the database; however, we are receiving the "SQL Database instance is unavailable" on our second machine.

I have been up and down the forums and boards trying to solve this issue. Nothing seems to work. I am willing to try any suggestions again... we need to be able to see the ACT database on this computer. 

Thank you for your time and suggestions!