Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to open an old database file is there a way to open iit excel? PLEASE HELP

Unable to open an old database file is there a way to open iit excel? PLEASE HELP

[ Edited ]

currently running windoes vista 32 bit with Act 2008 version 10.  Last year my database file would not open so I spent months trying to figure out how to resolve.  I ended up just creating a new database for new entries but now I still to figure out how to retrieve the data from the original database.

I get various error messages when trying to open up the original database:

1.  database could not be accessed....check your network connection....etc
2.  error processing pad

is there a way for me access the data perhaps in some format that I can dump into excel and then reimport into my new act database?  I really need access to that old data.  I have scoured the discussion forums, knowledge base and have tried various solutions but I am still unable to open.

I wonder if it's because the database is on a secondary drive?  there must be some way to get that data without going through ACT?

please help

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Unable to open an old database file is there a way to open iit excel? PLEASE HELP

This could happen if the drive designation changed for the secondary drive. Try opening the database using the ADF file, instead of the PAD file. To do so:
- Rename PAD file for database (add .old to end)
- Open ACT!
- Click File > Open database
- Change 'Files of type' to ADF > browse to database files
- Attempt to open (will recreate the PAD file)
Greg Martin
Sage