Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to open Database on New Computer

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Unable to open Database on New Computer

I recently replaced my computer with a newer Windows Vista system, and installed ACT.  My old computer died (Windows XP Pro), but I was able to retrieve my ACT database ( .ADB & .PAD).  However I am unable to open them.  I continue to get a message that the Database is not accessable. Check the network connection and verify the database server is available?  Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dale Kenyon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to open Database on New Computer

You will need more that those files - The ALF file from the same folder and the entire Supplemental Files folder tree under that folder.

If you don't have those, you will need to contact the ACT! Database Repair dept  to see if they can resurrect your database.

If you have all of them, simply delete the PAD file and, in ACT!, File | Open | Change Type to ADF and open the databases. This will build a new PAD for your machine which you can then open as normal.

Also, I assume you have ACT! 2008 or 2009 as earlier versions won't run under Vista

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dale Kenyon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to open Database on New Computer

You will need more that those files - The ALF file from the same folder and the entire Supplemental Files folder tree under that folder.

If you don't have those, you will need to contact the ACT! Database Repair dept  to see if they can resurrect your database.

If you have all of them, simply delete the PAD file and, in ACT!, File | Open | Change Type to ADF and open the databases. This will build a new PAD for your machine which you can then open as normal.

Also, I assume you have ACT! 2008 or 2009 as earlier versions won't run under Vista