10-20-2012 04:44 PM
Act is crashing when I try to open it. OS is Windows Vista.
The crash shows .net 2.0 being the part of the problem. I've backed up the databse folder by just copying the database folder and moved it to another machine with a new install of Act but I cannot open the database.
I've changed the PAD file to point to the proper location and changed the host name but now the message is that my database ADF file is not a primary database. I've read the other articles related to this message and none of the fixes have worked.
If I uninstall ACT on the original machine and re-install will I be able to open the databases?
How can I open these files on the new machine?
10-26-2012 07:26 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
Try opening the database using the ADF file. To do this:
- rename the PAD file (add '-old' to name)
- open ACT! > get 'failed to locate database' message > click OK
- click File > Open Database
- change 'Files of Type' to ADF > browse to ADF file
- select and click Open
(This will create a new PAD file)
If still unable to open database, can you open the Demo or create a new database:
- rename PAD file
- open ACT! > get 'database cannot be located' message > click OK
- click File > either use Open database to open Demo, or select New database
- Successfully opened?
On the 'other' computer, did you copy all files from the database (ADF, ALF, and 'database files' folder)? The PAD file is simply a pointer and does not need to be copied.
- use steps to open with ADF