Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to open ACT: Access to the path denied?

Copper Contributor

Unable to open ACT: Access to the path denied?

ACT database just stopped working it would get stuck at the splash screen so I went in and removed

the splash so now I get the following message:

Access to the party 'C:\Users\xxxxxx\DependentDlls.xml is denied

I checked that I had full control to the folder.  it currently shows read only so I uncheck and apply but it does not seem to stick because everytime I go back into folder properties it shows read only.

does anyone know how to fix my issue?  is there a database repair feature somewhere?  suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to open ACT: Access to the path denied?

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

followed the directions in regards to access control....everyone has full control....although I could not figure out how to get rid of the box checked read only.  I have tried as administrator unchecking the box but it just won't go away

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the error will not go away and I can't get ACT to open. 

HELP!!

Copper Super Contributor

Open the security tab again, but this time click on Advanced. Click on the owner tab.  Hit the edit button. In the tab, select other users or groups. Make the owner everyone. That should solve your problem.

Copper Contributor

after clicking edit the only settings I can actually change are the one for everyone? all the other users I can see the setting sbut they are greyed out.

help!