Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to modify layout

Unable to modify layout

I started using ACT! for Financial Professionals (the version which corresponded to ACT! 2009) and recently updated to ACT! Pro 2011. Sage no longer produces a Financial Professionals version, In the process of the conversion, some of the functionality was lost. For example, under the Personal Information tab, there is a field for birthdate and next to it is a field labeled age which used to auto-calculate the contacts age.

Through the use of an add-in, I have the capability of bringing this functionality back but I have encountered a couple of problems.

1) The auto-calculated age field does not offer a "lookup" and I have no idea what the field name is. I need to identify the field name in order to have the add-in perform the calculation

2) My "plan B" was to just simply delete the field in the layout. Define my own age field, and insert it where the old field used to be, But for some reason the field is not delete-able (if that is even a word). I select the field in the layout designer, but pressing delete does nothing. Under the edit list, delete is grayed out. And when I right click on the field, again delete is grayed out of the pop-up list.

How do I get rid of this field?