Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to load database in ACT! pro v17 due to IP and SQL issue

Tuned Listener

Unable to load database in ACT! pro v17 due to IP and SQL issue

Have been using v17 for several weeks  with no functional problem. However, in the last few days I've been having trouble  loading database at Welcome page. Today it will not load at all and producing the following message:

"The “.“ computer could not be reached because the IP address “ “ could not be resolved, Verifying the “.” Computer is available on the network, that it has the correct IP address, and that Microsoft SQL Server is properly installed may resolve this issue."

FYI:  SQL 2008 and SQL 2014 are both loaded. I have hesitated to uninstall SQL 2008, which would be the reasonable move but for the fact that v17 has been functioning perfectly until a few days ago.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Unable to load database in ACT! pro v17 due to IP and SQL issue

Have you tried rebooting?  That sounds like a Windows resource issue to me.  You might also want to get rid of temporary files, etc.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Stan,

Thank you very much for your response and your suggestions.

I had already rebooted several times. Also I did a couple of system restores which worked for a while. i.e. I could get ACT database to function. Now have cleared out %temp%. (Is it ok to keep my browser history?)

I will let you know whether I get results.

Do I need 2008 SQL? When I started having the problem, I immediately thought about uninstalling it.

Bob

PS ACT v17 is an elegant piece of software ideally suited to what i need it for. I just wish I could finally get it working so I can use it! NOLOL

Silver Super Contributor

Try deleting the file that ends in .PAD and then open the database using the file that ends in .ADF.  You will need to select the dropdown to show ADF files.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Tuned Listener

I didnt know where the dropdown with ADF was so I did a search on ADF and PAD, deleted the latter and clicked on the former which opened ACT smoothly.

Thanks!

May I uninstall SQL 2008or is that on my machine for some other program?

Thanks for all your help.

Sincerely, Bob

Silver Super Contributor

There are other applications that use SQL so I can't say for sure if you can remove it without taking a look at your system.  What you can do is stop the other SQL Servers besides the ACT7 instance and see if one of your other applications stops working properly.  Not the most elegant method but effective none the less.  :-)

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Tuned Listener

Everything is working now so I wont try to fix it but, thanks for the input.