Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to load Act pro V17

Unable to load Act pro V17

I am registered to Act pro V17. When I reisntall V17, I cant do that as ACt says I cant get log on numbers anymore.

What is solution, beside paying ransom money to V 21?

I have purchase and got V16 serial & activation code and V17 serial numbers.

Isnt that wrong for ACct not to support my V17 anymore?  

thanks for your help 

Copper Contributor

Re: Unable to load Act pro V17

Sadly, there is no way to reactivate any version older than V18. Act! used a service called "Protexis" to activate previous serial keys. This service has been discontinued. The oldest version to receive a patch was Act! V18.2.

https://www.mondocrm.com/act-license-service-discontinued-for-act-v17-v16-2013-2012-2011-2010-2009-2...

The only possible idea I can think of might be cloning your harddrive with an already activated Act! V17. It would require some tinkering and I can not guarantee that it'll work. It was just a quick idea.

Thanks Dieter

My activated V17 was in  the same hard disk was moved to a new computer but it doesnt work as it seems to have "resolution issue xxxx  ., it seems to detect a new computer.  My original computer where V17 was working "died. 

Act company should move users V17 to V18 with minimum or no cost. They want to charge $$ ot move to V21, which I dont need.  

I paid for this software and I cant use it., This is terrible. 

Hank 

Copper Contributor

I understand your anger and disappointment. Maybe you can get a discount when you contact the your seller or support directly.

If you are looking for a personal solution only, you might want to give "Suite CRM" or "1CRM" a shot. I didn't do much with any of them, but both of them have free base-versions and are based on Sugar CRM. Though using a whole new system is quite the change, indeed.

Highlighted

Thanks for your help. 

Hank