Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to import or export

Unable to import or export

Hello,

I'm a fairly new user to ACT! and have the 2011 version on my computer.

I have tried (unsuccessfuly) several times to either import or export to/from Excel, and have been unable to do so.  When importing, I get an error message, and when exporting I simply cannot find any file containing the database (the ACT! folders do not contain any documents).

My boss is the main "owner" of this program, so the database (that I'm accessing and working in) is on her computer.  We are thinking (hoping?) that by her allowing me full access, this may be able to solve it?  The problem is we have been unable to find anywhere that will show her how to grant me full access.

1.)  Do you think that by granting me full access, I can import and export successfully?

2.)  If so, how will she be able to give me full access?

3.)  If not, any ideas on how I will successfully be able to import and export?

Thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to import or export

Hello CCLF,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. To get a better understanding of the issue, please go into more detail regarding the error message when importing and the issue when you are exporting. Also, please tell us what version of Excel you are using and the operating system your computer uses.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hello,

Thanks for your response! 

When trying to import, the error says:  "Access to the path:  [file location] is denied."

When trying to export,  it only gives me the option to find a file that is "Text Delimited" or "Act! Database 13x," however when I browse for files under either of these types, nothing will show up in any folder.

I'm using Excel 14.0.5128.5000 (Office 2010) in Windows 7.... hopefully that helps.

Just giving a little bump to see if there are any solutions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Is the Export to Excel option available on your toolbar from the Contact List view, and if so, does it work?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

It does! 

That's great, thank you!