Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to import Contact field >> have to import to another one and then copy it to Contact field

Unable to import Contact field >> have to import to another one and then copy it to Contact field

Strange thing i try to import contacts data from txt file with tab chars, if i map contact fields from file directly to contact field ( it is corectly showed on import preview) after import Contact field is empty. but i can import it to new char field and then copy to contact field through edit options. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to import Contact field >> have to import to another one and then copy it to Contact field

Hello sageactuser,
This may be due to your duplicate checking settings and/or your contact merge options. Make sure the Contact field is slected as one of the fields in your contact duplicate checking settings. Also, during the import on the screen for contact merge options, if you have Merge selected this will not overwrite any existing data in the field - it will only populate and empty field. To replace data you would need to select "Replace with source contact". Also, make sure on the right-hand side you choose Add.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.