Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to fully install ACT! 2009 - SQL Server errors

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Unable to fully install ACT! 2009 - SQL Server errors

I am not able to create a new database or even open the demo files. Keep getting errors having to do with SQL. I have uninstalled everything related to SQL in my add/remove programs, still getting failure after uninstalling and reinstalling ACT. I also have the following on my add/remove, and not sure if they should stay or also be removed:

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)

MSXML 6 Service Pack 2 (KB973686)

All relevant threads are extremely confusing... do I need to download another service pack? Do I need to install ACT beforehand, or after? Is there a patch that's still an issue?  I am on Windows XP professional.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author carolynontheweb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Unable to fully install ACT! 2009 - SQL Server errors

As Kurt mentioned, you can use the Windows Clean Up Utility to help remove the MSXML 6.0 SP2 program.  Here is a link to a Microsoft website that has the file to download: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Note: Although the website references the MS Office programs, the utility can be used to remove any program.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Carolyn,

Get rid of the MSXML Parser 6 Service pack 2, This has been known to cause issue's with the SQL install, you may need to download the Microsoft clean up utility to fully get rid of it, just do a search on Google for it

Hope this helps

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

Carolyn,

Hopefully removing the MSXML 6.0 Parser SP2 program will take care of your problem, but if it doesn't - when you respond to the post, be sure to include the error message that you are receiving during the install.

Greg Martin
Sage

When I try to remove MSXML 6 Service Pack 2, it says "Fatal Error During Installation" and it will not remove.  Smiley Sad
Solution
Accepted by topic author carolynontheweb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

As Kurt mentioned, you can use the Windows Clean Up Utility to help remove the MSXML 6.0 SP2 program.  Here is a link to a Microsoft website that has the file to download: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Note: Although the website references the MS Office programs, the utility can be used to remove any program.

Greg Martin
Sage

The cleanup utility worked!!!  Hooray!!! Smiley Very Happy You guys are awesome and I really REALLY appreciate the prompt answers.  I was having fits with it... thank you sooooooooo much!!!!

Carolyn