Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to edit phone listing template re: font size etc.

Unable to edit phone listing template re: font size etc.

The edit template is grayed out and when I print the phone listing the contact name is huge!  I have already gone to the page layout for the contact and the fonts are correct there.  It is just in the phone listing when printing out addresses etc. on two column plain paper etc.  WOJO
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Unable to edit phone listing template re: font size etc.

Hello Wojo,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

I assume you are referring to the Phone List report that is available under the Tools menu.  Can you give us some additional information:

- is this a shared database or is it local to your computer?

- what version of Act! are you running?

- do you know your security role within the database?  or are you the only user of this database?

- what is the operating system you are running on your computer?

If you are referencing a different way to print the Phone List, please describe the steps.

Greg Martin
Sage

I assume you are referring to the Phone List report that is available under the Tools menu. 

No, I am printing from the file print options that bring up the template lists for addresses using custom and plain paper options.

Can you give us some additional information:

- is this a shared database or is it local to your computer?

I am the only one at this time that uses this database.

- what version of Act! are you running?

- do you know your security role within the database?  or are you the only user of this database?

I am the only use and administrator.

- what is the operating system you are running on your computer?

Vista

If you are referencing a different way to print the Phone List, please describe the steps.

1. Group

2. Create look up

3. Go to file

4. Select print

5. Select paper re: usually plain 8 1/2 x 11 2 column

6. Select options such as email, cell phone etc.

7. Print

Hope this helps!

WOJO

Platinum Super Contributor

Thank you for the additional information!  While it helps to determine what screens you are looking at, unfortunately it also answers why you can't edit the template.  We have no function for editing those templates.

You may want to look at the reports provided and see if one will provide what you need or find one that is close and modify it.  For more information about modifying reports, review this link: How to Manage Reports in Act!

Greg Martin
Sage