Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to edit other user's tasks/meetings/calls

Unable to edit other user's tasks/meetings/calls

If we schedule a task/call/meeting with another Act user, we are not able to edit them if the contact(s) is also a user.

For example, on my record, if I add a task and assign it to another Act user, they can't open it to change detail, times, etc.  It turns grey and  you can only see what is there already.  If I add a task to a general contact (non user), we can comment and reassign back and forth easily.  Is this some kind of privacy setting?  Can it be changed?

Thanks

Silver Contributor

Re: Unable to edit other user's tasks/meetings/calls

This is under the schedule menu. Under Grant Calendar Access.  Each user would need to grant access to make changes to his calendar to other users.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Thanks,

I have never seen that before!  I tried it, but I get a message that says:   "Permissions can only be changed for standard and restricted users"

Right now the people who want to be able to interact are all Managers or Administrators.  It already says "View and Schedule" under the Access column.

Silver Contributor

Sounds like you may have people assigned to the wrong roles.  For sure administratore.  You really only need one.

View and schedule is what you want.   This is something the person wanting to share THEIR Calendar would do to the others.

So the manager who wants an assistant with standard permissions to see his calendar would made the change. not the person wanting to make the change to someone elses calendar.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider