Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to create remote database in ACT 2012 (currently connecting directly to main database)

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Unable to create remote database in ACT 2012 (currently connecting directly to main database)

Hello all,

I am with a company using Sage ACT! 2012 Pro SP1, with 10 users.  When I initially installed ACT! on my computer, I set myself up to connect to the main database directly (which is how all of our users with desktops are set up).  However, since I wasn't present during the set up of this system, and our laptop-based users are using remote databases and synching to the main database, I wanted to try setting up a remote database on my desktop in case I had to set up a new remote user myself.  I followed the prescribed directions as shown online in the knowledge base, setting up a new sync set for myself.  Because we already had 10 active users (our limit), I had been logging in under another name (with adminstrator rights).  When I got to the final step, the remote database failed to create (a red X instead of a checkmark appeared in the success column).  I cannot figure out what I might have missed.  Any thoughts?  I have windows XP SP3.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mmbrayco
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to create remote database in ACT 2012 (currently connecting directly to main database)

Hello mmbrayco,
If you look in the remote creation screen where you saw the Red X, you should see a column that gives the reason or error for the failure. What does it say?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Re: Unable to create remote database in ACT 2012 (currently connecting directly to main database)

Hello ghollister,

Thanks for your response.  I had to minimize the other colums to read as much as I could.  The message reads "Access to the path '\\SR202\RAYCOSALES-database files\84bceb3f18794ccc..."  That's all I have.  I couldn't get the column to expand any further to the right to read the rest of the message.  Hope that helps somewhat.  Maybe access was denied?

Thanks again for your help.  Any further insight would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

Solution
Accepted by topic author mmbrayco
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Tuned Listener

Thank you again for your help.  The first of the links you sent worked!

Thanks again for your help!

Michael