Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to copy the database...

Unable to copy the database...

Version:  ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 4

OS = Windows 7

I am trying to save a database to a new name so I can delete several records and forward to another party but when I choose "Save copy As" and follow the instructions, it begins to copy/save the database but then I receive the following error message:

"Unable to copy the database"

"Make sure that you have access to the directory"

Please help!!!  Thanks!

Jim

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to copy the database...

Hello Jim,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Make sure you are accessing the original database locally and and saving the copy locally on the same machine. Also, make sure you are logged into the computer as an admin user, and if using Windows Vista or Windows 7, disable User Account Control (from User Accounts option through Control Panel).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks Greig:

1.  Am accessing DB locally

2.  Am trying to ave DB locally

3.  Logged on as Admin

4.  Not sure how to disable User Account Control - do you mean switch to the "Never Notify" position?

Have tried all and still not saving.

Thanks!!

Jim

Platinum Elite Contributor

See if you can back up the database, then restore it using the Restore As option. This will give you the same result.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.