Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to connect to the sync server

Unable to connect to the sync server

I am hosting ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1 on Windows Vista Home Premium -SP2.  I enabled the 'Accept incoming sync" , created a remote sync set, and am trying to sync from that which is on a Windows XP Pro-SP3 laptop.  I have read the posts and have disabled the firewall on the XP computer, enabled it on the vista computer and set the exceptions.  I have followed the instructions to update the connection info, but still get the message that we can't sync.  I know I'm connected to the network since I can open both the Sync Set version and the Host version on the XP machine.

Help.  Were starting to get the message that the database will expire if we don't sync soon. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to connect to the sync server

Hello martymcgee1,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. A couple of questions for you to get a better understanding of the issue:

- What is the exact error message you are receiving when trying to sync?

- Are you using the Standard version of ACT! or the Premium version?

Also, if you have not disabled User Account Control (UAC) on the Vista machine, then you will want to do so.

Instructions can be found in Knowledgebase article 20220.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.