Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Unable to connect to Sync Server

Copper Contributor

Re: Unable to connect to Sync Server

Gary,

I think I will use your first option ("restore as" from a new back up of the remote) one last question, will I then need to manually delete the old database from both machines and will there be any additional files that should be removed or changed? I am a little paranoid at the moment.

Thanks.

Solution
Accepted by topic author storm91360
‎02-06-2017 06:48 PM
Administrator

Hi storm,

When you make your backup, ensure you select Include Attachments.

Once you've restored the backup, and have confirmed everything is correct and working, then you can delete the old database if you wish, as it should no longer need to be used. You can manually delete the database by opening the database, then click Tools > Database Maintenance > Delete Database.

If you like, you can also perform a backup and restore of the Personal Files from the other machine. This just includes some toolbar customisation data and other user preferences etc. No vital database info is stored here.
Copper Contributor

Gary,

First and foremost - thank you. All is good in the world (alright, my world) I used your back up suggestion and with just a few minor adjustments, for Outlook and CompanionLink all is back to normal. As it is for most of us, even the relatively computer literate when only needing to have these skills applied rarely, are made to feel completely helpless in a heartbeat. Your assistance and patience are greatly appreciated.

Very Best,

Storm

Administrator

You're very welcome!
Glad to hear you're back up and running again.