Do you mean 

Unable to cast COM object....

Unable to cast COM object....

Following Config:

ACT 18.0.501.0
Windows 7 - Service Pack 1
Office 2007

Greetings,

Unable to get anything to Outlook or Word from ACT V.18 accessing database from office Network. Was working fine for last year and believe Windows updates may have caused problem.  No problem with ACT that did the same updates on computer with database, just on Act on the network.  E-mail link works but unable to merge fields into Word or Outlook.  No error received when merging to Outlook, nothing happens.  Receive the following error when trying to merge word doc:

Unable to cast COM object of type
'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type
'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the
QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID
'{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error:
Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT:0x9002801D
(TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

Tried suggestions from Community regarding Registry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\TypeLib

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

And did remove office 2013 key 9.5 under TypeLib and re-booted with no success.

Any assistance or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Re: Unable to cast COM object....

Hi Craig,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. I would like to confirm if you had downgraded from Office 2013 to 2007? as you mentioned you removed the registry keys for 2013, as there maybe parts of previous install left on the machine this can cause errors as the Act is looking for the newer Interop Keys.

As you are experiencing the issue with both Word and Outlook I would recommend checking this branch as may still contain a 2013 key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{00020905-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

Alternatively we have this article: 36948 When I edit a template in Act! I get the following error: “Library not registered. (Exception ...

This may require a full reinstall of Office and Act.

I hope the information I have provided helps

Bronze Elite Contributor

Before you get to the point of reinstalling Office and ACT please try running a repair of office.

Hi, Thank you for your quick response!  I think we chased down the problem child.  We have office 2007 working with ACT but also had MS Project 2013 installed. The MS updates last week installed 30+ Office 2013 updates which broke ACT/Office.  We removed all of the updates and checked Reg keys with no resolve.  We reloaded ACT, looks like time to reload Office 2007.  Your time and feed back is greatly appreciated!

Gary

Hi, Thank you for your quick response!  I think we chased down the problem child.  We have office 2007 working with ACT but also had MS Project 2013 installed. The MS updates last week installed 30+ Office 2013 updates which broke ACT/Office.  We removed all of the updates and checked Reg keys with no resolve.  You mentioned Office repair?  Is that a MS tool?

Thank you for your assistance and feedback!
Gary

Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks for your update and letting us know the problem is resolved. Will help other who may have the same problem.

Hi Gary, 

To repair the office applications it would be best to refer to the MS support KB for this. I hope you find this article helpful: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/924614/how-to-use-the-repair-process-in-the-2007-office-pro...

Everything working now.  Problem ended up being a copy of  MS project 2013 we had on the machine.  The last MS update added Office 2013 Office updates along with Office 2007 updates which broke ACT/Office interface.  Ended up removing all 2013 programs and re-installing Office 2007.  Everything back up and working now.  Thank you to everyone who helped, Much Appreciated !!!!

Gary
Pro Access