Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to Set Up Email with Act

Unable to Set Up Email with Act

We are currently running ACT! Pro 18, and I am unable to set up Act to link with Microsoft Outlook 2013.

At the Email Setup stage the following message pops up when we go to add the database.

ACT Error Message.JPG\

What does this mean? What can we do so that ACT appears as an add-in on Outlook, as the only buttons that currently appear are sync contacts and sync calendar with ACT

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Unable to Set Up Email with Act

[ Edited ]

Hi Jehan,

I've found another thread on the forum where this issue was occurring. There are some steps listed from another user that resolved the issue for them.
https://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/Needs-to-be-1-2-or-3-Parameter-name-adPosition/td-p/295489

I would also suggest running both Act! and Outlook as admin.

Does the error also occur in any other databases, i.e. the demo DB?

Hi Gary,

Thanks, we have previously run both ACT and Outlook as an administrator, ran a CCleaner and tried the demo database, all with the same result.

Administrator

Did you try all the steps suggested by this user in the other thread?

jmerritthf wrote:

Hello All

I purchased a support contract. A tech found a solution for the adPosition error via the registry, however it caused another problem. Ultimately I was able to fix the problem by following the steps below.

1. Uninstall both office and ACT, reboot

- dont uninstall SQL express or any SQL installation so your database is loaded when you install ACT again

2. Run CCleaner junk clean and registry scan + fix, reboot

3. Install office first, reboot if prompted (I didnt have to reboot after reinstalling office 365/2013)

4. Install ACT v17, then SP2

5. Test Outlook, then ACT

Other items

1. One of the techs advised its best practice to open ACT before Outlook

2. After folloing above I also had to fix a problem where templates did not open in word via the KB article below

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36939