Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to Restore database to ACT! 2012 Pro

Copper Contributor

Unable to Restore database to ACT! 2012 Pro

I just re-installed ACT! 2012 Pro as my laptop was re-imaged.  It asks for the database User Name and Password.  I entered the CORRECT User Name with no password (because I did not set a password) and it said I have entered incorrect user name and password.  What do I do to fix this so I can gain access to my contact database and restore it?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Unable to Restore database to ACT! 2012 Pro

The username is generally a variation of your first and last name; be sure to try different combinations such as:

- firstname lastname

- firstnamelastname

- firstinitial lastname

- firstinitiallastname

- firstinitiallastinitial

- etc...

Also try adding 'Mr.'.

Note: Logs are kept through the Sage ACT! and Microsoft SQL Server logs that can often determine the last username used to access a database.  Since your laptop was re-imaged, it is unlikely that the logs remain - but here is an article with instructions for accessing them: KB Article 14150

If you are still unable to open the database:

- If you have a valid support plan, contact Customer Support for assistance: phone 800-927-3989.

- If you do not have a support plan, our Database Services group can assist you.  They can be reached using the instructions found on web page: Database Services

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: Unable to Restore database to ACT! 2012 Pro

First initiallastname worked.  Thanks!