Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to Register ACT! 2009

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Unable to Register ACT! 2009

Hello

My company has been using ACT! for many years and has purchased a large number of serial numbers. My computer recently crashed and I am needing to reinstall the program (ACT! 2009) onto my computer. We have the serial number from my old computer - but each time we try to Register we get a message saying We are unable to register ACT!. Is there a way I can get the program registered using my old serial number?  

Thank you for your help 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author CP_UK
‎08-21-2019 08:06 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Unable to Register ACT! 2009

Around Christmas time last year Protexis who managed the ACT licensing stopped supporting the ACT database. ACT then created an alternative licensing system and brought out patches for recent versions of ACT back to V18. (Or was it 17?)

Earlier versions now have no way of registering the product when reinstalled. (Or if the windows platform is updated in some instances!)

You may not like the answer and also question why ACT did not patch earlier versions but the end result is that earlier versions of ACT including ACT 2009 are now obsolete for new installations.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author CP_UK
‎08-21-2019 08:06 AM
Silver Contributor

Around Christmas time last year Protexis who managed the ACT licensing stopped supporting the ACT database. ACT then created an alternative licensing system and brought out patches for recent versions of ACT back to V18. (Or was it 17?)

Earlier versions now have no way of registering the product when reinstalled. (Or if the windows platform is updated in some instances!)

You may not like the answer and also question why ACT did not patch earlier versions but the end result is that earlier versions of ACT including ACT 2009 are now obsolete for new installations.

Highlighted

@ch1p wrote:

Well. That is not good news. And very disappointing on our end. But thank you very much for the information.