Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to Map to Group in Excel

Unable to Map to Group in Excel

I am using Act Pro 2013 and Office 365 on a Windows 7 home.  I want to map a excel spreadsheet to a group that I have.  I have already added the fields that I want to have merged in.  I have added it to the group document tab.  The instructions says that I can go to the excel spreadsheet and go to Act and click on map to group but this is grayed out.  It only lets me map to contacts.  On the flip side I go in act and click on map to excel and I get this error message "the excel worksheet does not contain any group map fields see help for more information"  I had to upgrade to Act 2013 because of my office upgrade.  I can not figure out what I am doing wrong.  Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing incorrectly?

Re: Unable to Map to Group in Excel

Raxtermr1,

You aren't doing anything wrong.  The steps you've detailed seem correct, but the version of Office you're using isn't supported.  Office 365 is a primarily cloud-based service.  The latest version of Office that is supported with Act! is Office 2013.  They were released at the same time, and look the same, but they interact wtih you system much differently.

To get this to work more reliably, uninstall 365, and install Office 2013 standalone.  Also make sure you have the hotfix for Act! 2013 that allows direct connectivity to Office 2013.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

All you have to do is save the Excel spreadsheet as a text tab delimited file or CSV file. Now you should be able to select this format when importing.

Thanks the csv file worked I just need to populate the group with the fields I need.

Bronze Elite Contributor

If you only need Character fields you can create these at the time of importing. One option when mapping the import is to Create a new field. It does this as part of the import and then asks if you want to update the layout once the import has completed.