Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to Install Act 2011 on notebook Windows 7 64 bit

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Unable to Install Act 2011 on notebook Windows 7 64 bit

[ Edited ]

Unable to Install Act 2011 on notebook Windows 7 64 bit.  Error Message "Prereq.Exceptions.InvalidinputException: Exception of type 'Prereq.ExceptionsInvalidinputException' was thrown. at Prereq.AcessINI.Parse(TextReader sr) at Prereq.Program.Main(String[] args)

I have tried to install several times and receive the same error message.

I tried to install again after Windows tried to fix the problem with the installation.  The installation on the second try advanced to the SQL. Error message "SQL did not install sucessfully.  Please review the Installation Guide, the product requirements, and then retry the installation.  If the problem continues, contact Sage ACT! Service and Support.  I have seen this error before on prior attempts to install the software.

[Edit: subject changed to reflect topic]

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Unable to Install Act 2011 on notebook Windows 7 64 bit

Hello Ajh1966,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

To help determine/resolve your issue with the SQL installation - IF no other programs are using Microsoft SQL Server, go ahead and uninstall any components through the Programs and Features option.  Disable UAC through the Control Panel > Users option.  Reboot the computer.  Reinstall only the SQL program using the instructions in the following article: KB Article 26994

If the SQL installation is successful, proceed with installing ACT!.

If the SQL installation fails, it should provide more specific error messages - please post them here.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
phz

Has this issue been resolved? We just purchased several ACT 2011 premium licenses for our laptop users, all of them are using window 7 64 bit version. I don't see compatibility issues raised on Sage system compatibility web page. Did I miss anything?

Another questions is, if I install the ACT 2011 pemium on a win 2008 32 bit server, but all the users are using ACT 2011 premium on window 7 64 bits machines, will sync between the server and the users work? 

Thanks

Unfortunately there weren't any other posts to this issue to know what the final outcome was, but it appears there was an issue with the pre-requisites or SQL installation .  ACT! 2011 is compatible with the Windows 7 64-bit operating system and using remote databases can sync back to a Server 2008 system.

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

I have exactly this problem:

ACT 2011 Premium

Windows 7, 64-bit Home Premium

I need to install ACT on my Acer Iconia laptop - plenty of RAM (5GB) and HD space (>500 GB).  This is a new machine with Office 2010 Professional (32-bit) installed, so there are no previous installations of Microsodt SQL "lurking" in the shadows.

During ACT installation the system produces an error message that the SQL Server Express 2008 R2 installation failed.

What's the fix here?

Alistair

Bronze Super Contributor

Any chance Outlook Business Contact Manager is installed with you office?  That uses SQL server...

No, this doesn't seem to be installed, although Access 2010 is.

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Ajh1966,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

To help determine/resolve your issue with the SQL installation - IF no other programs are using Microsoft SQL Server, go ahead and uninstall any components through the Programs and Features option.  Disable UAC through the Control Panel > Users option.  Reboot the computer.  Reinstall only the SQL program using the instructions in the following article: KB Article 26994

If the SQL installation is successful, proceed with installing ACT!.

If the SQL installation fails, it should provide more specific error messages - please post them here.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly - thanks for this.

Alistair