Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to Export Group to Excel

Copper Contributor

Unable to Export Group to Excel

[ Edited ]

I have an offsite user that previously could import / export without a problem. Their user account has import/export rights.

We started having a Sync Error early today and I am not sure if the problems are related, but now File > Import, File > Export and Tools > Export to Excel is disabled. The user has a group of contacts they need to export. Why would this suddenly be disabled and how do we fix the problem. 

BTW, the Sync Error is a Value Type Mismatch and I posted that in another thread. (link)

We're running ACT! Premium 2007 (9.0).

Message Edited by digitaldiva on 12-01-2008 08:41 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to Export Group to Excel

It may be that the remote database is damaged.  Have the user run repairs and rebuilds on their remote database.  The repair and reindexing can be done from within ACT! by going to Tools/Database Maintenance/Check & Repair.

The rebuilds are done from within Act Diagnoctics:

- Close ACT! and all Office applications

- Go to Windows Start button, then Run and type actdiag

- When Act Diagnostics is open, go to Databases and you will see a list of databases

-  Highlight your database, then right-click on it and go to Database Rebuilds

- You will see a list of rebuilds...do the first four one a time (Schema, Security, OLE/DB Report Objects, Sync Objects)

If this does not resolve the issues, then you will need to create a new remote database for the user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.