Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to Back Up ACT database or install new update

Unable to Back Up ACT database or install new update

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone can help me. I am currently using ACT! Version 16 with a private computer on Windows 7 and I trying to back up my database so that I can update the database with the new service & fixes pack that came out. Unfortunately I keep receiveing an error which is not allowing me to back up the database: " The following error occurred during backup.

The back up was cancelled. Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id.' The duplicate key value is (532811). Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 9 due to error 2601. Check the errorlog for more information.

Bankup databate is terminating abnormally. PRC_MAINT_BAKUPDB: Error executing database backup statement. The stament has been terminated.

So I then throught I needed to do the update of the system so that I could backup my database but that also came up with

" You do not hav permission to download the updates you must be an windows administrator 

I am the only person with an account on my computer and in the settings it is down as an administrator so I am now at a loss of what to do as I do require to back up the database and would like to put the updates in. 

Any help that anyone could please provide would be really greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance Smiley Happy

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Unable to Back Up ACT database or install new update

This article will walk you through fixing this issue:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141/kw/syscommittabhttp://kb.swiftpage.com/app/ans...

Phillip R. Horn
ACTive Certified Consultants of Virginia, LLC
888-975-3111
www.accofva.com
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Kinne,

you may want to follow this instructions

besides that, you need admin permissions in ACT & Windows

Regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I went to the article and downloaded the program but when i went to run it I ended up with error messeges.. the first  Error occcurred and DBFix did not complete: cannot open MSSQL$ACT7 and when I hit Ok (only option) i end up with:

DBFixer failed for database storage

system.invalidoperationsexception: access is denied end of inner exception stack trace at

system.serviceprocess.servicecontroller.getservicehandle(int32desiredaccess)

at system.  serviceprocess. servicecontroller. stop ()

at DBFixer.dbfixer.turnoff mssql ()

at DBFixer. dbfixer. runadhocqueries ()

at dbfixer.dbfixer.performfix ()

at dbfixer.dbfixer.butfix _ click  (object sender, eventargs e)

I am not sure what to do next ? as i like using ACT but If i can not back up or update I am not sure if I will be able to continue to use it.

thanks for any help

Kinnie

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi

if you can not make a backup, you can also copy the files, in this case, you must shutdown the Service SQL Server (ACT7) , then you can copy the 2 files  that contain your database (databasename).ADF & (Databasename).ALF  (and if you also copy the folder with the database name, then you have a backup of the full database)

other than that, you may want to consider to involve an ACC like us (Act consultant). most of them offer also remote support, so you should be able to recive Support.

regards

Ingo Lange

+61 863 652842

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Astute Commentator

Ingo,

Thanks for this valuable information and important links!  

Can you help me with the last part, please? Of the four different cumulative 8 hot fixes, how do I know which one to apply?

The client has ACT v. 14.1.108.0 and MS SQL Server 2008 Express 64 bit, RTM Build 10 installed on Win 7 machine.

Here are the options on the MS Support site:

How do I pick the right one?

2008R2_SP2_MDS_CU8_2871401_10_50_4290_x64

2008R2_SP2_SNAC_CU8_2871401_10_50_4290_x64

SQLServer2008R2_SP2_CU8_2871401_10_50_4290_x64

2008R2_SP2_RSShrPnt_CU8_2871401_10_50_4290_x4

David Hamacher
Get Better Sales
davidham369@gmail.com