Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

USPS Verifying Addresses

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

USPS Verifying Addresses

New ACT user here.  I get a few PDF's of new businesses in my area occasionally.  I can process these into CSV's and import them into a new ACT database no problem.  I can also print out the labels, and probably figure out the envelope templates enough to inkjet directly onto my postcards.

One problem - how do I CASS verify the lists?  I want barcodes and +4 ZIP.  I haven't seen anything in the addons to do this.  My Dymo labeler does - if I want to print out 400 labels one at a time, which I don't.  I could mailmerge into a Word template and pay a separate company for a Word add-on, but they charge per address. 

My Stamps.com account will verify, but the templates don't allow you to change the position of the address on the mailpeice.  Plus it won't print if you don't include postage, and sometimes I want to use stamps and not have the pieces dated, AND I may actually get a permit imprint.

What I'd really like is a way to punch one button and have my entire ACT database checked and edited against the USPS. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author FarVision
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: USPS Verifying Addresses

FarVision,

The product I use is DAZzle, from Endicia.com.  It's like Stamps.com, but you can create all sorts of templates and mail pieces, as well as CASS.  It will read *.txt, *.csv, *.dbf, and Outlook, and allows for field mapping.  It does work directly with Act! v6.0, but a release for the newer versions of Act! have not been forthcoming.  So, the best way would be to create an export file in one of the approved formats and then check / print things.  I've had the best luck with *.dbf files.  The printing capability is very powerful, but awkward.  You'll need to play with it a little bit in order to figure out how to manipulate it.  Finally, this has the ability to print with or without postage printing.

Now, if you have a really big operation, you may want to think about DAZzle's big brothers, which can be found at Envelopemanager.com.

MrWright

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author FarVision
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

FarVision,

The product I use is DAZzle, from Endicia.com.  It's like Stamps.com, but you can create all sorts of templates and mail pieces, as well as CASS.  It will read *.txt, *.csv, *.dbf, and Outlook, and allows for field mapping.  It does work directly with Act! v6.0, but a release for the newer versions of Act! have not been forthcoming.  So, the best way would be to create an export file in one of the approved formats and then check / print things.  I've had the best luck with *.dbf files.  The printing capability is very powerful, but awkward.  You'll need to play with it a little bit in order to figure out how to manipulate it.  Finally, this has the ability to print with or without postage printing.

Now, if you have a really big operation, you may want to think about DAZzle's big brothers, which can be found at Envelopemanager.com.

MrWright

[ Edited ]

Excellent, thank you.  I do have an Endicia account and software on the desktop, that I got with my new Dymo 400 Turbo, that I had forgot all about (since I had stamps.com), I will give that a shot.. thank you for another new avenue to consider!

As long as I can position the print boxes the way I want and CASS verify, then I am golden.

*edit

aha! http://www.envelopemanager.com/ is a gold mine.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Bummer, I thought ACT would have more mailing options.

Message Edited by FarVision on 10-09-2008 02:47 PM