Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

URL Macros or Links

URL Macros or Links

In our old 'ancient' version of ACT I had programed in a Macro for a Field called "Customer Folder".

You could copy and paste the pathway to each individual customer folder and whenever in that customers contact record you simply clicked on the field and the URL activated and brought up the customer folder containing all the quotes, specifications, CAD drawings, etc.  Instant access to anything and everything you might need at your fingertips to deal with a client.

Now I cannot find a way to do the same thing and even an ACT consultant cannot figure it out.  This has really slowed everyone down and they must now do this task by hand, taking up an emormous accumulative amount of time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting an instant URL Macro to work out of an ACT Field?????

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: URL Macros or Links

The current SQL-based versions of ACT do not have the macro functionality.  However, if you would like to try create a shortcut in the customer's record to a paticular folder, try this Knowledgebase Article.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

You would want to use the Documents tab to store that information for each contact.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I knew I was going to get that answer, but that does not work for us because of the huge amounts of data and multiple projects with individual clients, plus I cannot get the darn thing to show me the full document name or widen that column, so I often have to click on several docs before I find the right one.  We have to be able to open their folder and then open the specific project folder containing large amounts of pertinent documents.  I was told though there is an add-on product allowing you to attach folders in the document tab not just documents but I cannot locate that either.

Thank you though for the response, I am a 15 year ACT user and very savy with ACT so it is not going to be simply knowing the standard functions of ACT.  In our older version we had many macros I had written that did very specific and custom tasks.  The newer version seems unable to allow these types of custom function programming.  We are actually wasting more time with the newer version of ACT until we figure out how to solve some of these larger issues.  The entire staff is ready to mutiny, I must find a solution.

ghollister,

Now that might help.  Though starting each one may be a pain, once it's in there then it will be easy to access.  I am going to give it a try.  Do you know about a Folder add-on program?

Terdherder wrote:

plus I cannot get the darn thing to show me the full document name or widen that column, so I often have to click on several docs before I find the right one. 

Just drag the field boundary in the column title.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129