Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

UPDATING OF THE ACT NOT THE DATABASE

[ Edited ]

Good morning, an user of ACT!  writes me the following:

Hello 

1.) The serial number of the product is ***** ***** *****  *****

I tried to update by internet but I could see the error below VALUE DOES NOT FALL WITHIN THE EXPECTED RANGE 

Can you help me?

My answer was: (According to knowledge base)

Answer

This error message can appear if you have just created, and not yet saved, the Contact record that you are attempting to dial. You must save the Contact information first in one of the following ways.
  •  
    • Click the Save http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/200412286292_0.gificon from the Toolbar
    • Click the arrow for next http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/200412286292_1.gifarrow to return to the new contact
    • Press Ctrl-S

2.) Sorry  I think that I did not explain correctlyThe ACT gave me this error when I was making a UPDATING OF THE ACT NOT THE DATABASE In this case please what is the problem?

HELP PLEASE 

Thanks
Message Edited by jotero on 10-29-2008 09:48 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: UPDATING OF THE ACT NOT THE DATABASE

Had you just created a new contact?

Did this happen when it started the download or when it tried the update the database?

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)? 

Other than the KB you found, I've seen this with converting an ACT! 6 database that had damaged data in the sales opportunity table and in ACT! 9 when the sales ops have a user defined field of type Number.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Were you applying an update to your existing version of ACT! or were upgrading from one version to another (ie, from 2008 to 2009)?  What version were you updating or upgrading to?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Had you just created a new contact?

Did this happen when it started the download or when it tried the update the database?

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)? 

Other than the KB you found, I've seen this with converting an ACT! 6 database that had damaged data in the sales opportunity table and in ACT! 9 when the sales ops have a user defined field of type Number.