Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Two Act 11.0 questions

Copper Super Contributor

Two Act 11.0 questions

Hi,

Quite happy with the release so far.  Installed it two days ago after several years on release 9.0. 

Two items....

- Am I correct that there still isn't an annual event field or function option in the Company fields?  I have requested it, starting several years ago. Is quite useful for tracking annual support and maintenance contracts.  Doing it on a contact basis has been sloppy when people leave or roles change.

- The Outlook calendar copy function is pretty neat.  I never got the OL synch to work in release 9.0 or earlier versions.  One question is a meeting that was scheduled in OL and then copied to Act, was later rescheduled in OL.  When I copied the calendar later (I only did OL -> Act) the new meeting time appeared in Act as expected, however the old meeting time, which was no longer in OL, remained on the Act calendar.  Hence, the same meeting appeared twice in Act.  I would have expected the old time to have been erased from the Act calendar as there was nothing in the OL calendar at that time slot to copy.  Is there a way to ensure that changes in OL are reflected after the calendar copy?     

Thanks to all.....Mike

Re: Two Act 11.0 questions

- Am I correct that there still isn't an annual event field or function option in the Company fields?  I have requested it, starting several years ago. Is quite useful for tracking annual support and maintenance contracts.  Doing it on a contact basis has been sloppy when people leave or roles change.

Correct, annual events are only contact based.

- The Outlook calendar copy function is pretty neat.  I never got the OL synch to work in release 9.0 or earlier versions.  One question is a meeting that was scheduled in OL and then copied to Act, was later rescheduled in OL.  When I copied the calendar later (I only did OL -> Act) the new meeting time appeared in Act as expected, however the old meeting time, which was no longer in OL, remained on the Act calendar.  Hence, the same meeting appeared twice in Act.  I would have expected the old time to have been erased from the Act calendar as there was nothing in the OL calendar at that time slot to copy.  Is there a way to ensure that changes in OL are reflected after the calendar copy?     

On the copy calendar options, what are you selecting?  When you do a copy of both calendars, you have to select what side will 'win' if an activity has been changed.