Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tutorial for creating advanced lookups

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

Tutorial for creating advanced lookups

Does anyone know if there is a written tutorial for creating lookups and how to set up the criteria for lookups? I'm having problems understanding the parenthesis and their usage, and also the "and" and "or" choices.

I have beent trying to set up a lookup to exclude contacts by using "Does not contain". When i do this on Company and enter a companyname it works fine. As soon as I add an additional criteria, such as a choice from the "Referred by" field it doesn't work properly.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author barrygou
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Tutorial for creating advanced lookups

See if the information in KB Article 25217 helps. Note that not all operators listed in the KB may be available, as additional operators were added in later versions.

Parentheses: Used to group together conditions, to ensure that they are processed first and treated basically as one condition

AND/OR: If using AND, then all conditions must be true. If using OR, then only at least 1 of the conditions must be true.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author barrygou
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Tutorial for creating advanced lookups

See if the information in KB Article 25217 helps. Note that not all operators listed in the KB may be available, as additional operators were added in later versions.

Parentheses: Used to group together conditions, to ensure that they are processed first and treated basically as one condition

AND/OR: If using AND, then all conditions must be true. If using OR, then only at least 1 of the conditions must be true.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.