Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Turn off dialer configuration popup

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Turn off dialer configuration popup

I am using an old version of Act, Pro 2011, on a Windows 10 PC.

After recently re-installing it, a popup appears when I open the program: “For added functionality, fill out the Windows phone information dialog.” When I click OK or X it out, the Phone and Modem configuration window pops up. To my knowledge, Windows 10 does not incorporate a dialer function. (I would love to be mistaken. Please let me know if I'm laboring under a misapprehension.) Is there a way to configure this old version of Act to dial and log calls like in the good old days? If not can you tell me how to turn off the *&%! popups? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎06-20-2016 02:01 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Turn off dialer configuration popup

Windows 10 does have a dialer option that's part of the Modem components.  What changed is what they, meaning Microsoft call it.  Here's what you need to do.

Click on Start Run and type in REGEDIT.  You are going to need to make a registry change.  When the editor opens, you wan to look in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE area.  

Expand it so that you get down to the Windows Current Version - Telephone - Country/Region List.  

>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

>SOFTWARE

>Microsoft

>Windows

>CurrentVersion

>Telephony

>Country/region List

Highlight the Country/Region List  and then go up to the Edit menu and select Rename. Rename it to Country List and hit enter. In other words, remove the "/region"

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎06-20-2016 02:01 AM
Bronze Contributor

Windows 10 does have a dialer option that's part of the Modem components.  What changed is what they, meaning Microsoft call it.  Here's what you need to do.

Click on Start Run and type in REGEDIT.  You are going to need to make a registry change.  When the editor opens, you wan to look in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE area.  

Expand it so that you get down to the Windows Current Version - Telephone - Country/Region List.  

>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

>SOFTWARE

>Microsoft

>Windows

>CurrentVersion

>Telephony

>Country/region List

Highlight the Country/Region List  and then go up to the Edit menu and select Rename. Rename it to Country List and hit enter. In other words, remove the "/region"

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Win10 does not have this reg key it seems?
Administrator

If this method does not work for you, please try the method posted as message #20 in this thread

Thank you all for your help. However, I am still getting the sign-on phone configuration prompts. I have successfully updated the country/region key in the registry, but to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Dam