Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trying to save copy from Act 2005 Premium to ACT 2005 format for upload to Act 2007

Trying to save copy from Act 2005 Premium to ACT 2005 format for upload to Act 2007

Please help.

I have been trying to save copy as Act 2005 from my premium so I can upgrade. I keep getting the message

The specified location for your new database is invalid. A database must be created on a drive on your machine.

The specifed location is on my C drive and I did create the database.

Thanks

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Trying to save copy from Act 2005 Premium to ACT 2005 format for upload to Act 2007

From your posting it sounds like you are trying to make a copy of the database as a backup. If so, you might want to actually make a backup (File menu | Backup).

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Re: Trying to save copy from Act 2005 Premium to ACT 2005 format for upload to Act 2007

Hi Ray,

Sorry if I was not clear.

I am trying to upgrade to ACT 2007 standard from 2005 premium. The user guide states that to do this I need to create a database from the 2005 premium to 2005 standard.

When I try to do this I get the error message referenced above.

The backup process does not allow me to specify premium or standard format.

Thanks

Kevin

Oops I meant Roy not Ray.

Nickel Elite Contributor

First off check the version of your ACT! 2005 ( Help | About ACT!)  and make sure that you have upgraded to version 7.0.4. Is should give a different error but are you by chance trying to use the same name for the database? Even though you place it in a different location you need to use a different name for the database because both the original and the copy of the database connect to MSSQL and it will require that it have a different name.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Hi Roy,

I am on 7.04.82.

Have tried different name and same name (differentlocation) with the same results.

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin
Platinum Elite Contributor

I am having no luck.

Does anyone know of a companyy that I can send my ACT premium database in a backup format and they can send me back a backup database in ACT standard?

If so what would the fees be?

Thanks

Kevin
Platinum Elite Contributor

kyoung wrote:
I am having no luck.

Does anyone know of a companyy that I can send my ACT premium database in a backup format and they can send me back a backup database in ACT standard?

If so what would the fees be?

Any ACT! Consultant would be able to do this for you. Check the list at www.act.com/acc if you're in North america.

The cost would be enough for them to install the old Premium ver of ACT!, restore and convert the file and then install the standard and test it... unless there is any damage in the file, and depending on it's size, I'd guess this would take a couple of hours. Maybe three.